A competition designed for Deep tech entrepreneurs
The Hello Tomorrow Global Challenge is a renowned global startup competition designed specifically to address the needs of deep tech entrepreneurs across several industries. The Challenge was created in 2013 by two PhD students, Xavier Duportet and Arnaud De La Tour, who realised that the resources needed to propel emerging technologies were different from those of traditional web and mobile innovation.
The Challenge gives scientists and deep tech entrepreneurs around the globe a platform for their research and projects, providing participants with equity-free funding, global visibility and connections with key players in the deep tech innovation network and other fellow entrepreneurs. To date, previous early-stage participants have raised more than $300 million in funding.
The Grand Finals will be held in Paris on March 11th-13th, 2020 during the Hello Tomorrow Global Summit.
Categories for developing a new technology
- Advanced Computing and AI
- Cyber security and Communication
- Digital Health and Medical Devices
- Drug Discovery
- Food And Agriculture
- Industrial Biotech
- Industry 4.0
- Medical Biotech
- New Space
- Smart City
- One €100K grand prize
- Thirteen €10K prizes
- Pitch in front of a select audience of 400 industry experts and investors at the Hello Tomorrow Global Summit
- Be endorsed as one of the top deep tech startups
- Exclusive access to the Hello Tomorrow investor and business day – March 11, 2020
- Exclusive access to the Hello Tomorrow Global Summit – March 12th and 13th 20120
- Meeting and interviews with International Media
Your activity is based on a new technology or an innovative application of an existing technology.
-You have a proof of concept, a prototype, a scientific validation of your claim, or are in the process of producing one.
-Your team is made up of two persons or more. Your project is not part of a larger company.
-Your project/startup is in early-stage (up to series A)
-You foresee an economically viable application on the market within 15 years.
-Your project has the potential to have a strong impact on the industry you target, and on society or the environment in general.
The judging phase will take place in 3 distinctive steps. Applicants will be informed of the progress at each step.
- Top deep tech startups – The Hello Tomorrow judging committee will select the best startups (around 500) based on the quality of their online application.
- Finalists – The judging committee will select around 6 startups per track. These finalist startups will be invited to pitch during the Grand Finals at the Summit.
- Track winners – A judging committee made up of investors, corporates, scientists and other experts in their field will select the track winners after their pitches at the Hello Tomorrow Global Summit in Paris.
Applications to the Global Challenge are entirely free.
Deadline: September 13th, 2019.