The Call for Applications is now open.
The OWSD Early Career Fellowship is a prestigious award of up to USD 50,000 offered to women who have completed their PhDs in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) subjects and are employed at an academic or scientific research institute in one of the listed Science and Technology Lagging Countries (STLCs).
The OWSD Early Career fellows are supported to establish environments at their institutions where they can maintain an international standard of research and attract scholars from all over the world to collaborate.
- The OWSD Early Career fellowship is for two years and offers up to USD 50,000.
- The OWSD Early Career fellowship does not provide for the fellow’s salary which must be guaranteed by the fellow’s institution.
- PhD (in STEM) awarded not more than 10 years prior to application.
- Applicants must provide proof of being employed at the university or research institute where the research project will be carried out. If employment has not yet commenced, proof of employment offer and confirmation of acceptance is required.
- The institution where the research project will be carried out must be in one of the listed STLCs.
- Applicants must provide evidence that they will receive a salary from their university/research institute for the duration of the two-year fellowship.
- Eligible STEM fields (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics).
- Research project proposals from other fields (social science, education, etc.) are not eligible and will not be taken into consideration.
- Applicants coming from countries to which no OWSD Early Career fellowships have yet been awarded are strongly encouraged to apply.
Eligible Regions: Angola, Liberia, Benin, Kingdom of Malawi Tanzania, United Rep. Burundi, Ethiopia Mali, Togo, Cameroon Gambia, Mauritania, Uganda, Central African Rep. Ghana Mozambique, Zambia, Chad Guinea, Niger, Comoros Guinea-Bissau Rwanda, Congo, Senegal, Afghanistan, Kiribati, Nepal, Timor-Leste, Bangladesh, Tuvalu, Bhutan, Mongolia, Sri Lanka, Vanuatu, Cambodia, Myanmar, Tajikistan, Djibouti, Palestine, Bolivia, Guatemala, Haiti, Paraguay.
Application Deadline: April 15, 2020