The Peace Direct Awards, formerly the Tomorrow’s Peacebuilders Awards, recognize innovation in local peacebuilding. The annual awards honor organizations that are trying different peacebuilding approaches or new organizations doing peacebuilding where it hasn’t been done previously.
Peace Direct launched its annual awards in 2013. The winners receive global recognition and a cash prize to contribute toward their work. Hundreds of organizations apply each year.
Location: United States
- The winning organizations will each receive $10000, Online promotion of their work, and free admission to PeaceCon in Washington, DC.
- Each winner receives an all-expenses-paid trip to the award ceremony in the United States.
- These are global awards so there is no geographical restriction on applications. In order to be eligible to enter, you must:
- Undertake peacebuilding work – your organization is either a peacebuilding organization or has peacebuilding as a substantial element of your work.
- Be locally based – your organization must be based in the country or communities where your work is done. If your organization operates in multiple countries, you are not eligible to enter. (Note cross-border projects are eligible.)
- Be an independent organization, not an in-country or satellite organization of an international NGO.
- Be working, or planning to work, in at least one of the following thematic areas: women-led peacebuilding; youth-led peacebuilding; or non-violent action.
Eligible Regions: Open for all
Application Deadline: April 27, 2020
Official Link: https://www.peacedirect.org/peace-direct-awards-2020/