Applications are now open for the Thomson Reuters Journalism Training Programme in September 2020 Intake. They are looking for smart, ambitious graduates or early-career reporters to join their global team of 2,500 text and visuals journalists and tell the stories that matter.
At Thomson Reuters, it is believed that what one does matters. They are passionate about their work, inspired by the impact it has on their business and their customers. As a team, they believe in winning as one collaborating to reach shared goals and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, they work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and they count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving their performance and the employee’s own.
- Candidates will get the opportunity to work with Reuters which will have a great impact on their careers
- Successful candidates will be remunerated in the currency of the bureau in which they are placed, in line with global Thomson Reuters policies
- Reasonable accommodations are made for qualified individuals with disabilities.
- Clear commitment to a career in journalism.
- Proven ability to tell rich stories in words, video or both.
- Drive to build sources and break news.
- Ability to generate original, relevant story ideas.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Fluency in relevant languages, e.g. Mandarin, Cantonese, Arabic, Farsi, Spanish.
Other required skills:
- Up to 3 years of professional journalism experience
- Proven ability to generate exclusive, agenda-setting stories
- Experience of shooting or editing video
- Knowledge of finance and economics
- Experience in data journalism or investigative reporting
- Photography skills
- Additional languages (e.g. Portuguese for southern Africa)
- Initial CV and Candidate Profile Screen (November–December)
- Online Survey (December-January)
- Video Interview (January-February)
- Panel Interview (February–March)
Eligible Regions: Open for all
Application Deadline: December 15, 2019