The United Nations International Law Fellowship Programme 2020 is now Open!
The Fellowship Programme provides high-quality training by prominent international law scholars and practitioners on a broad range of core topics of international law. Also, the interactive nature of the training allows the participants to share experiences and exchange ideas, which promotes greater understanding and cooperation on contemporary issues of international law.
The Fellowship Programme is intended to enable qualified professionals, in particular government officials and teachers of international law from developing countries and countries with emerging economies, to deepen their knowledge of international law and the legal work of the United Nations.
- The fellowship recipient’s travel costs in economy class,
- Medical insurance,
- The training material and the registration fee for The Hague Academy of International Law.
- Participants will also receive a stipend to cover other living expenses.
- The Fellowship Programme provides training for professionals who have acquired some practical experience in the field of international law.
- The Fellowship Programme is also open to academia and professionals from intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations and similar institutions engaged in international law activities in the relevant countries.
- Current staff members of the United Nations are not however eligible for fellowships, but on an exceptional basis, may be considered for attendance on a self-funded basis.
- Candidates who are not government officials can be nominated by the institution which they work for or with which they are affiliated.
Eligible Region: Open for all
Application Deadline: February 24, 2020
Official Link: https://legal.un.org/poa/ilfp/index.html