Applications are already open for the Vienna Biocenter Summer School 2020 in Austria.
The Vienna Biocenter Summer School provides a unique opportunity for approx. 30 undergraduate students to work side by side with leading researchers in a dynamic scientific environment.
The program aims to attract talented students from around the world, creating a vibrant and diverse atmosphere. It is the perfect preparation for those students who are interested in graduate study in the life sciences arena. Applicants who are successful are provided with accommodation, a travel allowance and a stipend for the duration of the scholarship. The program starts on the last Friday in June and finishes on the last Friday of August each year.
The school is a collaboration between five of Europe’s leading research institutes: Research Center for Molecular Medicine, Gregor Mendel Institute, Institute of Molecular Biotechnology, Institute of Molecular Pathology and the Max Perutz Labs and is generously sponsored by the Max Birnstiel Foundation.
- Free student accommodation.
- Each student will be awarded a stipend of 1400 euros after tax for the nine-week program.
- Medical insurance is included in the contract for the nine weeks.
- A free travel pass providing unlimited use of public transport within Vienna for the duration of the scholarship.
- Reimbursement of travel costs to and from Vienna.
- Numerous social events.
- Completed at least 2 years of a University study (Example: 2/3 years of a Bachelor study or at least 1 year of a Master study – by 30 June).
- Some previous research experience.
- Good academic record.
- High level of English language.
- Evidence of enrolment in a University program for the current academic year and the next year (if possible).
Eligible Regions: Open for All
Application Deadline: December 31, 2020
Official Link: https://www.training.vbc.ac.at/summer-school/