Kanchanpur, June 16, 2017: Construction of a view tower at Bedkot of Kanchanpur district has been started with an objective of attracting domestic and foreign tourists.
The view tower is going to be constructed at a cost six million rupees at the Bedkot pond area.
Bedkot Municipality would provide 30 per cent amount and the Ministry of Federal Affairs and Local Development would provide remaining 70 per cent amount for the same, said Technical Assistant of the Municipality, Siddharaj Ojha. He said that the construction works of the view tower were underway in order to complete it within July 15.
One can view the scene of pond area and the greenery around and the panoramic scene of Tarai after the construction of the view tower.
Bedkot area lies 22 kilometres north of Mahendranagar. The area is famous as a picnic spot for domestic tourists and for the panoramic sight-seeing of Tarai for foreign tourists.
Similarly, a park is being constructed at the land situated on the bank of Chaudhar river at Bedkot Municipality. Construction task of the park was underway at a cost of Rs 5.8 million, said Ojha.