The WISE Learners’ Voice Program brings the perspectives of young people to the challenge of rethinking education and equips them to take on leading roles in their fields and in the world of education. The revised 2019 Learners’ Voice Program aims to give young people a platform to voice their views and to create a youth community interested in shaping the future of education. At WISE, we believe in empowering young people by ensuring that their views are included at WISE 2019.
The threefold objectives of the program to give young people:
- The tools and resources they need to ensure their voices are heard
- A platform to voice their opinions and discuss with policy makers, educators and innovators in education
- An opportunity to participate and engage at WISE 2019 and to have their work creative work published by WISE.
The 2019 Learners’ Voice Program will serve as a unique opportunity for motivated young people to join peers from around the world to voice their collective aspirations for education. Through interactive workshops, experiential sessions and creative exercises, Learners will gain the skills and mindsets required to forge their place in designing the future of education.
Alumni from past Learners’ Voice cohorts will be actively involved in the delivery of this program.
- 29 April to 7 September 2019 – Applications open
- 7 September 2019 – Closing of Applications
- September 2019 – Interviews of shortlisted candidates
- October 2019 – Announcement of the cohort
- 17-19 November 2019 – Pre-Summit Residential Session
- 20-21 November 2019 – WISE Summit Participation
Pre-Summit Residential Session: Learners will participate in a 3-day interactive residential session in Doha to gain develop communication and problem solving skills while gaining exposure to the field of education.
WISE Summit: Learners will actively participate in the 2019 WISE Summit to share their views and opinions on the shaping the future of education to education stakeholders such as educators, policymakers, school leaders, parents among others.
Creative Submission: Learners will also develop a creative piece on education, which will be shared with WISE community during the program to amplify their voices.
WISE will cover all residential session and Summit related costs such as return flights, accommodation, and meals for all selected participants.
- Candidates must be aged 16-21 who are interested in engaging in the field of education.
- Candidates must have a valid travel document.
- Candidates must be willing and available to travel to Doha from 16-22 November 2019.
- Candidates should be proficient in spoken and written English, and should be comfortable presenting and speaking in public.
- Candidates must be curious minded, flexible and comfortable in multicultural environments.
- Candidates must demonstrate creativity and reflection in their creative submissions on the selected prompt.
- The candidate clearly demonstrates engagement in social issues and how s/he has sought to overcome them through innovative ideas, and initiatives.
- Candidates must secure approval from their schools/institutions to attend the program, and parents if under 18 years of age.
To apply, visit the link provided and fill the form:
For more details, visit the official site: