The Yenching Global Symposium (YGS) is an annual event that brings together people from different fields and across generations with a common interest. The three-day event will take place in March 2020 and comprise engaging speakers and interactive events on the topic of “Sino-Sustainability: Reimagining Global Solutions”.
This conference will feature prominent international scholars and leading young professionals from a wide range of fields and will provide a highly focused, application-based experiential learning platform.
- Yenching Academy offers ambitious graduate students and young professionals from around the world the opportunity to come to China and be inspired by:
- a diverse body of global scholars from leading universities;
- practitioners from a wide range of fields including art, history, culture, innovation, politics, and business;
- speakers from renowned universities, enterprises, and international organizations.
- The Symposium is a platform for connecting leaders on China, across generations and disciplines. It will help connect you with inspiring, like-minded peers as well as leading experts who share your interest in China. These interactions will take place at Peking University, China’s top university.
- Have the opportunity to share your experiences with innovation while collaborating with others to generate fruitful exchange and construct frameworks for action on China’s most challenging issues.
- Yenching Academy covers all expenses of your round-trip flight, accommodation, and meals for the duration of the Symposium. However, they do not cover the cost of your visa.
- Born after January 1, 1990
- At least a minimum bachelor’s degree in any field.
- Available for the entirety of the conference, March 27 – 29, 2020
- Has not participated in a previous Yenching Global Symposium or Yenching Social Innovation Forum
- Proficient in English
- Holds a valid passport which does not expire within 6 months from February 2020
- Has participated in China-related activities – academic, voluntary, professional, or extracurricular
Eligible Regions: Open for All
Application Deadline: December 1, 2019