Kathmandu, July 18, 2017: Environment and Public Health Organization (ENPHO) has called for applications from interested candidates for Bigyan Memorial Research Award and Raju Memorial Youth Award 2017.
Bigyan Memorial Research Award
On 23rd September 2006, the world lost 24 dedicated people working in conservation and environment in the tragic helicopter crash at Ghunsa. Late Bigyan Acharya, an environmentalist and a member of Environment and Public Health Organization (ENPHO) was one of them. In the honor of Late Acharya, ENPHO has established a “Bigyan Memorial Research Award” to enable individuals, particularly youths, to conduct research work in the field of environment and science.
This Memorial Award is being granted every year. In this regard, a research proposal is requested from interested students/researchers for conducting research work in the following fields of study:
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH)
- Wastewater Management and Faecal Sludge Management
- Climate Change
- Ground water resource and River Pollution
- Other Environment related issues
- Proposal maximum 10 pages
- Updated CV
- An Official “Letter of Recommendation” from applicants’ supervisor or mentor
- An Official “Letter of Approval” from department/college head.
- All students who have passed Master 1st year and are currently undergoing Masters’ Second year program and are supposed to start their thesis.
- Age less than 30 years.
Amount of Memorial Award: NRs. 25,000/- (NRs. Twenty-Five Thousand Rupees Only)
Deadline for submission of proposal: 18 August 2017 (2 Bhadra 2074)
Duration of Research Grant: 6 months
Raju Memorial Youth Award
On 21st April 2011, Environment and Public Health Organization lost a member, colleague and a youth committed to bringing access to safe drinking water and sanitation amongst the people in rural areas of Nepal. In memory of late Raju Shrestha, ENPHO has established “Raju Memorial Youth Award” to be awarded to individual or organization working remarkably in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) sector in Nepal. In this regard, individual or organizations working in WASH sector in various areas of Nepal are requested for application along with detailed documents reflecting experiences in the following address.
- Application highlighting past experiences and remarkable contributions on WASH sector (Max. 10 pages)
- Organizational Profile (If approaching through organization)
- Valid recommendation letter from two professional referees (If applying individually)
Amount of Memorial Award: NRs. 10,000/-
Deadline for submission of application: 18 August 2017 (2 Bhadra 2074)
The awards will be officially presented at the Annual General Meeting 2017 of ENPHO.
Applications should be addressed to:
Environment and Public Health Organization (ENPHO)
New Baneshwor, Kathmandu
Contact no.: 4468641
Feature Photograph: Environment and Public Health Organization