The applications are being accepted for the 2017 Womenâ€™s Leadership Accelerator, which will provide tuition-free intensive training, professional development and support tailored to 25 women leaders pushing innovation in digital media. The Accelerator is open to all women working in digital media, including freelancers, entrepreneurs and independent journalists.
ONAâ€™s 2017 Womenâ€™s Leadership Accelerator is a week-long forum aimed squarely at developing strong leadership skills for women working in digital journalism. The Accelerator, to be held Feb. 5-10, 2017, at the University of Southern Californiaâ€™s Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism, is open to 25 promising women leaders who are pushing innovation in their organization.
- 25 promising women leaders who are pushing innovation in their organization;
- Practitioners working in digital media, including freelancers, entrepreneurs and independent journalists;
- ONA will screen candidates for potential, need and diversity across ethnicity, age, geography, technology platforms and skill sets.
The tuition-free program offers:
- A focus on developing leadership and management skills, with special attention to challenges faced by women in media;
- Discussions, deep dives and one-on-one mentoring from some of the top women leaders in digital journalism;
- Proven creative approaches to pushing innovation in newsrooms;
- Practical, targeted guidance to working through individual challenges;
- Open, candid discussions about leadership, work-life balance and problem-solving in the newsroom;
- The opportunity to build a cohort of peers to serve as a strong career-long support system;
The Accelerator will bring a range of prominent women leaders as speakers and mentors to Los Angeles.
- If you are interested in applying for this program, please apply online. Applications are due 15 November 2016. If you have questions about the application, eligibility or goals for the program, please see our FAQ.
- The Accelerator is the next iteration of the ONA-Poynter Leadership Academy for Women in Digital Media, a two-year program in partnership with the Poynter Institute designed to address the unique needs of women in digital media.
DEADLINE: November 15,2016
If you have questions about the application, eligibility or goals for the program, please see theÂ FAQ.
You can Apply here..