The first round of the GSMA Ecosystem Accelerator Innovation Fund is now open for applications from start-ups in Africa and selected Asian countries:
What does it offer?
Successful start-ups will receive:
- Funding: grants between GBP 100,000 and GBP 250,000
- Mobile-focused mentoring and bespoke technical assistance
- Opportunities to build partnerships with mobile operators in relevant markets
Who is eligible toÂ apply inÂ this round?
- Applicants must use mobile technology and be aligned with one of our focus areas:
âš¬ Sharing Economy
âš¬ Mobile services for SMEs
- Funding must be used for a specific project where socio-economic impact is expected to be realised. Examples include: job creation, new opportunities for entrepreneurs and youth or the growth of formal and informal SMEs. The duration of the project must be between 12 and 18 months
- Applicants must provide a matching of at least 50% of the amount of funding requested
- Applicants must have already demonstrated success by launching a product or service and reaching active users in at least one market
How to apply
- Review the full requirements before applying here
- A list of the questions is also available here
- Submit your Pitch before 18th September 2016 11.59pm GMT
Get the application formÂ here.
If you have any additional questionsÂ aboutÂ the FundÂ orÂ the application process, please contact the Fund Manager atÂ firstname.lastname@example.org.