Kathmandu, June 20, 2017: In the earliest years of life, children’s brains can form 1,000 neural connections every second – connections that are the building blocks of a child’s future. But these connections can be interrupted if children are poorly nourished and nurtured; if they aren’t stimulated properly, or aren’t protected from violence. Parents and caregivers can have the greatest impact on the future of their children – their health, education, well-being and earning potential as an adult.
In this very context, #EarlyMomentsMatter campaign by UNICEF highlights the science about how babies’ brains develop. It encourages parents and caregivers to make the most of this unrivalled opportunity to provide their children with the best possible start in life. As part of this initiative, UNICEF Nepal announces the #EatPlayLove photo competition to highlight the important role fathers play in the development of their children’s brain.
In a creative and original way, the photos in the competition should capture father and child/children moments which portray the nutrition (eat), fun (play) and protection (love) aspects in the lives of young children. Three photos will be awarded in three categories: best eat, best play and best love. Winners will be announced on Nepali Father’s Day on 21 August (5 Bhadra) this year.
Terms and Conditions:
- A maximum of five photos may be submitted by a photographer;
- Photographers must be the sole author of the entries and hold all intellectual property rights to them;
- Photographers must be Nepali citizens, aged 18 years or older and residing in Nepal;
- All entries must submit photos via given method stating full name, age, sex and address with contact details;
- Photographers must have received permission in writing from the subject(s) in the photos agreeing to the terms and conditions of the #EatPlayLove photo contest;
- Photos must be submitted with a title, date shot, location and caption information;
- Photos must have been clicked in the last three years;
- Entries will only be accepted in digital format and must not be digitally enhanced or manipulated in any way;
- Image files should be at least 3,000 pixels wide and 2,000 pixels tall;
- Photos that have won awards in other photographic contests will not be considered;
Three photos will be awarded in three categories: best eat, best play and best love involving father and children. Each winner will receive a point and shoot digital camera and a certificate. A panel of judges consisting of professional photographers and subject matter experts will evaluate the photos based on:
- Relevance to the objectives of the contest;
- Photo composition;
- Caption information.
Submission Deadline: July 31, 2017
Interested participants can send their photos via email to email@example.com. Each photo should include the following information: title, date shot, location, caption (maximum 100 words) explaining what the picture portrays.
When sending photos, participants must include their name, age, sex, address and contact details. Photo(s) will NOT be accepted if these information are not provided.