Embassy of India, Kathmandu invites applications for Mahatma Gandhi Scholarship from Nepali nationals enrolled in Class-XI in recognized schools/colleges in Nepal.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Candidate should be Nepali citizen.
- Candidates should be regular student of class XI and studying in any recognized school/college of Nepal.
- Family income of the candidate must be less than NRs. 2,00,000/- per annum and income proof should be certificated by CDO/LDO head in the data sheet only will be acceptable. In case income proof is not certified by CDO/LDO then the application will be summarily rejected.
- Scholarship Amount:
Selected students will get a scholarship of NRs.2,000/- per month in the first year. This will be continued in the second year also, provided that the awardees gets aggregate 50% or above marks in Class-XI. The scholarship will be discontinued if the percentage of marks obtained by the awardees falls below 50% in class XI or for any other reason that the Embassy may deem necessary.
- Submission of Application:
The applications may be submitted at Embassy of India, Kathmandu or CGI Birgunj or Camp Office Biratnagar latest by December 26, 2017 as per given details-
Candidates studying in college of Bara, Chitwan, Dhanusha, Mahottari, Makwanpur, Parsa, Rautahat and Sarlahi districts may submit at CGI Birgunj.
Candidates studying in college of Dhankuta, Ilam, Jhapa, Morang, Siraha, Saptari, Sunsari and Udaypur may submit at Camp Office Biratnagar.
Candidates studying in college of other districts (other than above mentioned 16 districts) may submit application at Embassy of India, Kathmandu.
- Selection Process:
- The final selection will be based on academic record.
- Name of candidates short-listed will be placed on Indian Embassy website. The candidates should indicate their address and contact telephone numbers/ e-mail address clearly on the Application form. Any change in address/ telephone number should also be intimated immediately through letter.
- Girls, Dalits, Physically challenged students and students residing in the remote districts of Nepal are strongly encouraged to apply for the scholarship.
- Children of retired/ serving Nepali soldiers in Indian Army are required to furnish a certificate to this effect and send it through Assistant Military Attaché (welfare), Embassy of India, Kathmandu. This should be done in case they are selected and intimation of selection given to them.
- APPLICATION FORM my be downloaded from the website at www.indianembassy.org.np, and submitted personally after completion along with supporting documents.
- Selected candidates should submit copy of class XI pass mark sheet in the month of January only (2019) for release of 2nd Installment (for class XII) failing which the scholarship may be terminated.
The photograph in this article has been used for representative purpose only.