Darmasiswa is a scholarship program offered to all foreign students from countries which have diplomatic relationship with Indonesia to study Indonesian language (Bahasa Indonesia), art and culture in 2020. This program was established in 1974 as part of the ASEAN initiative, admitting students only from ASEAN. However, after 1974 this program was extended further to students from other countries. Until to date, the number of countries participating in this program is more than 185 organized by the Ministry of Education and Culture (MoEC), Republic of Indonesia.
The main purpose of the Darmasiswa RI program is to promote and increase the interest in the language, art, and culture of Indonesia among the youth of other countries. It has also been designed to provide stronger cultural links and understanding among participating countries.
- Participants are entitled to get an education at selected tertiary institutions which are following the learning guidelines standards set by the Ministry.
- Participants are entitled to get academic and non-academic services during the program.
- Participants receive protection for their safety and security while in the campus environment and/or participate in programs organized by tertiary institutions.
- Participants are allowed to take part in activities organized by universities or other institutions with the permission of the managing tertiary institution.
- Participants receive a scholarship component in the form of living expenses and accommodation assistance costs, with the amount as follows:
- The monthly living allowance is Rp2,000,000 (two million rupiahs)
- Boarding assistance of Rp950,000 (nine hundred fifty thousand rupiahs) for region 1 and Rp550,000 (five hundred fifty thousand rupiahs) for region 2.
- Participants get health insurance services through BNI Life providers and BNI Life cards that are distributed to participants at the time of arrival orientation.
- Participants are given accommodation and transportation during the Program Orientation if the arrival of Participants is according to the arrival schedule determined by the Bureau. If the Darmasiswa participants attend outside the specified schedule, the costs will be borne by each participant.
- Darmasiswa participants will receive a settlement allowance of Rp1,000,000.00 (one million rupiahs).
- Darmasiswa participants can be assisted by the Managing Higher Education and PKLN Bureau of the Ministry of Education and Culture in administering immigration documents.
- Participants are assisted by Managing Universities in finding housing.
- Foreign National
- Completed secondary education or equivalent
- Aged 18 years or older but not more than 27 years old
- Able to communicate in English (proven English proficiency certificate)
- In good health as proven by a medical certificate
- Interested in learning art, culture and history
- Not an alumni of Darmasiswa
- Not currently studying in Indonesia
Eligible Regions: Open for all except Indonesia.
Application Deadline: March 02, 2020
Official Link: https://darmasiswa.kemdikbud.go.id/regulations/