Nominations are now invited for The MIDORI Prize for Biodiversity 2020.
The MIDORI Prize is a biennial international prize co-organized by the AEON Environmental Foundation and the Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) that honours three individuals who have made outstanding contributions to the conservation and sustainable use of biodiversity. It aims to encourage positive action for biodiversity and inspire others by showcasing the notable work of those it honours.
- The MIDORI Prize is awarded every two years to three individuals who are each honoured at a special award ceremony and who each receive a wooden plaque, a commemorative gift and a monetary prize of 100,000 US dollars.
- Have made outstanding achievements that greatly contribute to biodiversity (Achievement).
- Have the ability to influence future activities related to biodiversity (Potential).
- Have conducted work that has impacts on various activities for biodiversity around the world (Impact).
- International contribution
- Contribution to conservation and sustainable use of biodiversity
- Social contribution
- Long-term perspective and continuity
- Creativity and originality
- Openness for civil society
- Efficacy and influence
Eligible Regions: Open for all
Application Deadline: March 30, 2020
Official Link: https://www.aeon.info/ef/en/prize/