Lalitpur, 28 Jan 2015: A Malaysian woman died and another has fallen sick due to suffocation when they slept leaving the briquette burning in a room at their friend’s house at Saibu VDC in Lalitpur.
Ana, 40, and Jacqueline, 18, were found lying unconscious on 25 January in the house of their Nepali friend, Amit Rajkarnikar.
The unconscious Malaysians were rushed to Norvic Hospital at Thapathali in the capital where the 18-year-old breathed her last during the treatment while Jacqueline fell ill, according to Pawan Giri, the Spokesperson of the Metropolitan Police Office, Lalitpur.
According to Spokesperson, both the Malaysian women were volunteering in Nepal for sometime.
Deceased Jacqueline’s passport number is A 33470336 and Anna’s A23451746.