July 25, 2015:Â Style has both pros and cons for our body. Styling surely is happening but we canâ€™t ignore the fact that thereâ€™s a darker side to every image. Unlike embracing your body, style does prove to have a bad face for your health. Wearing tight clothes or figure-hugging shape wear may lead to nerve compression in your back and also restrict your hip bone movement, putting pressure on your spine and leading to backache.
Some of the spine consultant lists a few back pain culprits:
1. Form-fitting skirts:Â Close fitted skirts and dresses pull your knees together, thereby restricting movement. Over time, the damage and strain can aggravate and lead to a pulled muscle or disc problems.
2. Skinny jeans:Â Body-hugging jeans grip tightly around the waist, hips, thighs and calves and can create strain in the joints. Also, having your phone or wallet in your jeans’ back pocket imbalances the alignment of the hips and can cause hip or back pain.
3. Oversized handbags:Â The bigger the bag, the more stuff you will put in it. Adding extra weight on one side of your body is one of the biggest back pain causes. Whenever you carry added weight on one side of your body, it causes your spine to curve and that leads to back pain symptoms.
4. High heels:Â High heels are bad for your feet and back and can cause the calf muscles to shorten, which can lead to circulation problems, knee damage and back pain. It is important to wear comfortable shoes if you plan to walk a distance.
5. Heavy necklace:Â When you accessorize your neck with heavy jewelry, it puts pressure on the muscles, tendons and joints of the neck. Anything that pulls the neck tips the head away from its point of neutral balance and can create neck tension, pain and damage.
6. Side hair parting:Â Wearing your hair on one side is quite fashionable but doing so is a great disfavor to your neck. It causes the head to tilt to one side and the chin to the other and the condition is known as wry neck.