MCW Global’s year-long flagship program is for young people, who are prepared to become leaders of positive change in their communities by obtaining the tools and skills needed to transform passion into action. The program begins with an intensive 10 days summer program that facilitates leadership development, self-awareness, a deep understanding of global citizenship, and how to implement a project from beginning to end. The program is held in late July in New York City, New York, and Burlington, Vermont.
- Demonstrate commitment to their community.
- Identify an issue in their community to address.
- Be between the ages of 18-26
- Be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Commit to attending the 10-day program and spending the following year aiming to execute their community project.
- Be eligible for appropriate visa and travel documentation.
- Have access to email and the Internet to allow for consistent communication with the MCW Global Team and Young Leaders Program alumni-mentor for the duration of the year-long program.
- Adhere to the Young Leaders Access Program graduation guidelines (to be provided upon acceptance to the program).
- November 15, 2019: Young Leaders Access Program application opens
- January 5, 2020: Young Leaders Access Program application closes
- February 3, 2020: First round decisions sent out; shortlist candidates notified; second-round application opens
- February 21, 2020: Second round application closes
- March 2-28, 2020: Interviews with Alumni
- April 1, 2020: Acceptances sent out
- May 3, 2020: Confirmation of acceptance with visa interview date and deposit
- July 21, 2020 – July 30, 2020: Young Leaders Access Summer Program
- July 30, 2020 – July 22, 2021: Young Leaders Access Program duration
Eligible Regions: Open for all.
Application deadline: January 5, 2020.