With the ongoing crisis in Gaza, recently anÂ attack hit the entrance of the facility in Rafah, where thousands of Palestinians are said to be sheltering.
UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon described the attack as a “moral outrage and a criminal act”.
The Israeli military has not commented but has been carrying out renewed strikes in Gaza.
Israeli media reports say most troops have left Gaza, though there is no official order to end the operation.
Military spokesman Lt-Col Peter Lerner said troops were “in the midst of a redeployment to other parts of the border”, adding that troops were being released from the front line.
But he said the mission was ongoing and ground forces were operating.
Gaza health officials say 30 people have died on Sunday, while militants continue to fire rockets into Israel.
The latest exchanges came after Israel’s military said that an officer it feared had been captured had now been confirmed dead. Hadar Goldin went missing on Friday near Rafah, in the south of the Gaza Strip.
His funeral was held in the Israeli town of Kfar Saba on Sunday afternoon.
Confirmation of 2nd Lt Goldin’s death means 66 Israelis have now died in the fighting, all but two of them soldiers. A Thai worker in Israel also died.