Are you interested to learn more about the dynamics of EU-Russia relations? Have you wondered what kind of foreign policy actors in the EU and Russia? Would you like to know more about the rationale behind EU’s and Russia’s foreign policies in the post-Soviet space? If so, then the Johan Skytte Institute of Political Studies (University of Tartu) is opening the new MOOC in English – “Understanding EU-Russia Relations: Foreign Policy Actors, Institutions and Policy-Making”. The MOOC is fully online; completely free of charge; is worth 2 ECTS and runs from 03.02.2020 to 08.03.2020. Upon successful completion of the course, you will be able to receive a free digital certificate from the University of Tartu.
The course provides students with both theoretical knowledge (which is delivered through explanatory audio podcasts, video round-table discussions, and academic commentary) and guest interviews from various practitioners coming from HEIs, NGOs and EU institutions such as members of the European Parliament, representatives of the Union of European Federalists, Estonia -Russia CBC program and Barents Euro-Arctic Cooperation. At the end of the course, students will also be able to apply their acquired knowledge in practice through completing a short mini-project, focused on media analysis of sources dealing with the state of EU-Russia affairs.
- argues over the institutional setup of EU-Russia relations and identifies the main phases and events in EU-Russia relations.
- explains and distinguishes the role of the foreign policy actors and institutions in the EU and Russia, involved in framing bilateral relations.
- identifies EU and Russia’s foreign policy tools applied in bilateral relations.
- argues about the main contested aspects of EU-Russia relations.
- summarizes and analyzes media sources related to key issues in EU-Russia relations.
- will be issued a digital certificate of completion by the University of Tartu.
- Everyone interested in international affairs and EU-Russia relations, especially master’s degree and bachelor students in European and Russian studies, international relations and political science.
- The course also serves as an introductory course for the students interested in, or accepted to, the master’s degree program in EU-Russia Studies offered by the Johan Skytte Institute of Political Studies.
Eligible Regions: Open for all
Application Deadline: January 30, 2020